Legend Quivver gives us the lowdown on his latest mix.
1. Orsen – wakey wakey
Warm, spacey, summer vibes aplenty here. Another solid release from Replug.
2. Sandy Rivera – I Can’t Stop (Dario D Attis Remix)
Great remix from Dario D Attis. An instantly catchy, bouncing house groove.
3. NIco Stojan – Imagination (Audiojack Remix) – Suara
Audiojack go to town on the choppy vocal FX twiddling here, building gradually into some cool piano stabs.
4. Jeremy Olander – Pinkerton (Finebassen Remix) – Vivrant
Very reminiscent of the Dixon remix of Matthew Johnson’s Level 7, a very catchy little riff does it’s job perfectly and this track needs little else to make it stand out.
5. Quivver & Shane Blackshaw – Rescue (Dub mix) – Stripped Recordings
This remote collaboration worked out really well. Shane did a great job of delivering a sweet, melancholic vocal and i tried to make the moodiness of the production contrast with it to give the whole thing a ‘light shining through the darkness’ vibe.
6. Louisahhh!! – Ego – Savior Faire
This is a couple of years old but still destroys any dancefloor. Louisahh’s super cool, spoken word vocals are backed by bone shaking drums and bass with screaming synth layers on top. massive!
7. Juliet Fox – 6 am (Afterhours Vocal Mix) – Toolroom
Another great, spoken word female vocal runs all the way through this track, more of a druggy vibe to this – the title ‘afterhours mix’ sums it up nicely.
8. Khainz – Polygon – 303 Lovers
A chugging, dark groove and some tasty bass stabs make this a menacing floor filler.
9. Teenage Mutants – Jour – Stil Vor Talent
Solid drums and another nice chugging bassline take this into half techno, half prog territory on what is quickly becoming my favourite label out there.
10. Li-Polymer – Mysticism (Jamie Stevens Remix) –
The ever reliable Jamie Stevens doing the damage here. A Didgeridoo sets the tone for this quirky, cool journey of a tune.
11. Oliver Huntemann – Rotlicht – Senso Sounds
My favourite track at the moment. This guy can do no wrong. Rotlicht is an understated monster of a tune, every element works so well in the mix and the attention to detail is sickeningly good.