From creating one of electronic music’s most popular YouTube channels, to their label Suah and their own cutting edge productions, Mia Mendi have taken the progressive house world by storm. Here they reveal their top 10 tracks.
1. Danniel Selfmade – Timescope [Forthcoming on Crow]
Had this new album from Danniel land in our promo box recently and it features some majorly stand out tracks, ‘Timescope’ being our favourite.
2. Colyn – Frontier
We just saw Ewout post a video clip of this and had to ask for the full audio – deep, delicate and perfectly executed.
3. Bastian Bux – Indanha [Suara]
Perfect blend of catchy melody and pounding industrial energy.
4. Marc Romboy – Trapped In An Orbit [These Eyes]
A little lady came to my apartment one night and showed me this. It’s a slow jam and there probably won’t be many opportune moments to drop it but the synth work is next level.
5. ARTBAT – Upperground
Recently found this one as part of a Tale Of Us mix. ARTBAT are smashing it right now.
6. Sahalé – Magharibi (Satori Remix) [DGTL]
Pretiosumis a new channel to us but it’s full of absolute gold, including this afro-house wonder. The second breakdown is serious!
7. Adriatique – Studies In Dance Theory [Afterlife]
Hard to miss this release, plenty of solid music on ‘Nude’ but this is our top selection.
8. Cristoph – The Duel [Last Night On Earth]
This track’s a good few months old now but the energy and melody have kept it as a staple in our sets.
9. Patrice Baumel – Roar (Adana Twins Remix) [Watergate]
We’d been waiting on this one for a while ever since seeing Solomun drop it at Diynamic Outdoor.
10. Apo Tulup – Amulet [Suah]
One of our favourite releases on our label, Apo Tulup are brand new on the scene with plenty to offer.