1. How old are you, where are you living and how long have you been producing and Djing?
Hello, I’m 23 years old, I live in Odessa, I started working at a sound production and DJing at 16, but it was more of a hobby, the last two years I have been professionally engaged in music.
2. Where do your musical roots lie and when did you know you wanted to pursue electronic music seriously?
The first time I heard electronic music at the age of 15, my friend gave me to listen to a disc from the famous Kazantip festival, I fell in love with this music from the first minute, and my musical worldview completely changed, until that moment I was listening to hip hop and pop music.
3. The Ukraine has a lot of great electronic music talent, who are some of your favourites and what upcoming guys should we look out for?
Yes, I completely agree with you. At the moment my favorites are Artbat guys who have achieved incredible success in the direction of music in which I work, so I want to mention Alex Kaspersky, Tvardovsky, Ira 8Kays, Stas Drive, Kinree and rising talent Vlad Jet.
4. You have a new remix out this week on Dear Deer; a deep, groovy rendition of ‘Stay Silence’ by Arnas D. Tell us how you approached the remix?
Thank you so much for appreciating my remix. I really like the sound of Arnas, and so I wanted to mix his massive pumping sounds with my melodic style and rhythm. As for me it turned out very well even.
5. You’ve contributed a lot to Dear Deer family of labels with releases on both the main and White imprints. What makes working with them so great?
Dear Deer Records is a very promising and rapidly developing label on which to publish very talented artists from around the world so my goal was to get on this label. A year ago I sent the first demo to the Dear Deer then I did not know the creators of the label personally. I was given a positive response and a few months later my first release was released on the sub label Dear Deer White. After that, we started talking with Alex Kaspersky and Tvardovsky, now we are very good friends and I work as a talent hunter in Dear Deer records. Also, Alex Kaspersky is involved in my management and supports and helps me in every possible way. Now for me, Dear Deer Records is not just a label in which I work, it’s my family.
6. What’s coming later this year from you?
Good question, I will have two releases for Manual Music, a collaboration with the Anturage which will be released on the Click records, release on Go Deeva, release on Babiczstyle, and the release of which I really look forward to is my remix of Rafael Cerato & Gabriel Moraes which will be released on Dear Deer Records.
7. What parts of the production process do you find the most difficult and what comes easiest for you? When you do hit a creative block what helps you through it?
For me, the most difficult part of writing music is mixing and mastering, I like to write interesting melodies, I like to practice sound design, but my weak side is mixing and mastering, and now I’m working very hard. I draw inspiration from Beatport. I try not to watch tutorials.
8. Apart from electronic music what other genres do you listen to and who are your favourite artists outside of electronic? and do these genres or artists have a direct effect on your own productions?
Probably it’s pop music and I also like funk music. I like what a Pharrell Williams does.
9. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise people?
I do not have music education, I do not know how to play any musical instrument, I do not have a studio, I write music completely in headphones while sitting at home in the kitchen. But soon it will all be mine.
10. What five tracks are you currently loving the most at the moment?
1. Jeremy Olander – Panorama
2. Einmusik & Philipp Kempnich – Haunting
3. Pongo – Look In The Mirror
4. Karotte, Kaiserdisco – Mauve
5. &ME – The Rapture
‘NekliFF has new music out now on Dear Deer’, you can purchase the release: here